Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Glasses and Gratitude

About eight years ago, I traded in my eyeglasses for lasik surgery. I never was very good about wearing my glasses - often leaving them behind or forgetting to put them on. I got used to playing tennis without them and would just compensate for the space in between me and the ball.

During all of those years, though, I always had a pair of regular glasses and sunglasses - both prescription - because when I wanted to wear them, I wanted to have the best. These days, eye surgery doesn't mean you can completely throw away your glasses. Many still will need bifocals are other glasses that make up the difference.

As with so many other things, I am amazed at how many types of glasses there are. For example, at Eyeglasses.com, they have more than 200 types to choose from - anything and more you could ever need.

There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful for my lasik... and for my glasses!